Sunday 29 April 2012

Piano Odyssey



I know that I said "Monday" for an update but it would be one really long post! So I have decided to divide it in half...

Once we were satisfied that all of the pieces married up right it was STICKING TIME!!!



A point that is note worthy: Pianos have HUGE screws.


Work continued... and it was time to attempt the keys.


No problems.


Kick board in place...


The guts are back in and every key works beautifully.



The back is just as important as the front so we re-upholstered the back of the piano.



This needed to be done before paint to hide the new wood and nails...



Preparation is everything and should not be taken lightly.



Watching paint dry. Like Lenard's jokes?!!!


The piano is on the home straight and the clients are on their way round for a pre-delivery inspection and I don't mind saying "that I am a bit anxious". Find out tommorow if it all went well!! 


No comments: